Monday, January 25, 2010

Now...nay...later...nay...now....huh! When?

Now...nay...later...nay...now....huh! This would be there in everyone's mind on a variety of tasks....especially more on their life goal. In my case, it is all about entrepreneurship.
When to start walking on my own....in my own way....into my own destination.
Lot many factors determinted...determining and will determine the decision.
NOTE: Though I use the word "I" here, everyone can read it as their own "I", because this is applicable to everyone.

EARLIER I used to think that - I was too young and naive......I should gain some experience, and know the industry....should prove ourselves in this competitive job market....should have some job to get married (otherwise difficult to ge a bride) - were the factors that made me postpone the decision.
In this EARLIER phase, there was no tantalizing activity (now or later) in the brain. I was sure "it is later...not now".

After a few years of work experience - NOW - Well, this is time to move to management position. Why to quit now? Let me learn gain management experience also......I am married now. Have got more responsibilities. Let my wife also get job, so that we will have at least one standard income.....I should buy a home. If i take a loan and quit my job, then how to repay?.... First let me learn and analyse the market......what kind of enterprise? Services or products? Technical or non-technical?....Let me go abroad and gain some forex so that I will have some financial security (no one knows how much of such security is needed?).....Will I succeed or not? What if not?.....Damn this bureaucracy.....What work should I do to establish and improve my enterprise? Oh Man! Why to take such risk when we are comfortable in this position? Can we work hard at this stage of life?....Let me learn more about entrepreneurship.....That requires lots of guts. Do I have that? - were SOME of the factors that make me keep postponing the decision.
However, if carefully observed, in the NOW phase, there is some thinking about taking the decision. Some planning is also being evaluated to lay the path. However, the decision is not made.

LATER phase - I am yet to experience this phase. In fact, I do not want to end up in a situation to list some of the factors for delaying the decision. In many cases I know, when they think at this stage, then they feel it should have been "THEN". This is the worst case...because THEN never comes back.

The above factors are be there in most of the minds. So, Now...nay...Later....finally When? My answer for this is - NOW. It is easier said than done. Why it is not easy? I will keep blogging on this topic in the coming weeks, giving more insight into the factors, decisions, and probably some feasible ways to decide on to arrive at the decision to start up an enterprise.

With so many inspiring souls looking at me, I am sure to march ahead in life, fulfilling my dreams......and realizing priya vadanam.

Ravi Landu

Note: Your feedback is welcome

1 comment:

  1. abbaaaaa super honey. nice to see u in this Blog. good practise

    ReplyDelete